Search This Blog

Monday 4 October 2010

Ready for the off.

In a little over behind 24hrs I'm off. The weekend is over, the 40th birthday me, must say I'm relieved about that. Had a great time, my sister and Bernie arranged a great suprise party with the people closest to me, including Mr John Harvey, a very close friend, although he does give me some spectacular headaches.

It was strange yesterday evening watching adverts for TV shows that will be over and forgotten by the time I get home, seeing upcoming news items that will be ancient history by the time I board my flight. The spending review will be over, and we'll have some idea what happens at work, how many colleagues who have been sweating over job news since the election will be joining the job centre queues. Sad times for some no doubt.

Picked up my cash today, I'm very rich in Nepali terms, with rooms at around 400 NR a night and an exchange rate which gives me 120 NR to the pound my savings should stretch enough for the odd night of luxury in between the nights in dorms and tea houses. The last couple of nights will defintely be spent in luxury at the Last Resort, with a climbing facility and a spa of it's own. I'll avoid the world's highest bungee, me being scared of heights and all that!

Hopefully there will be a bit of an update from Kathmandu in 48hrs or so.

1 comment: