Search This Blog

Monday 11 October 2010

Into Stella Overdrive

Think I'm going to have a few ales tonight. I was pretty sick this morning after blogging, only just made it back to the room and painted the shower wall with cottage cheese and carrots, neither of which I've eaten for months.

Went back out for water and got directed to the sex and eye doctor who rinsed my eye and told me the pollution was what is making me sick. My eyes are clean but very sore and I've got a cough. We're at about 4000ft here, so it's harder to breathe anyway, without sucking in half four star petrol half air. The cloud was low this morning so I suppose it pinned the pollution into the valley that the city sits in.

Went to North Face and had a look round, sadly the prices are all European, but if you want it for practical purposes it's the only place to buy. There are hundreds of knock off stores but I wouldn't trust the goretex in the teeth of a Scottish storm.

On the way back I was being hassled for baby milk, it's an old scam, where you get taken to a certain shop buy mill for a very hungry baby, then when you've gone the dude takes back the milk and pockets half the cash.

Anyway I'm telling the dude I'm wise to his game when I step away and get smashed by a pedal rickshaw - Eco-friendly Manpower Transport by Bijay - and I've lost a bit of toenail and some skin off my calf. So back to trekking concern phaa and get my cut cleaned. Another 500 NR.

Maybe I am weary of the city, I've never been one for huge groups of people and half of all humanity lives here in a space that feels about 1 mile square.

I've been getting a bit worried about the 6200 metres I have yet to climb, the altitude sickness and the interesting flight in, both of which are fast approaching, but I think I'm going to be glad enough to get away from here to make them both worthwhile.

Still not sorted what I'm doing after Imja, but I'm probably going to Chitwan then Pokhara and come back for a few days at a luxury place near the airport ready to cone home to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment