Search This Blog

Sunday 17 October 2010

17 october

Sick sick sick. Didn't sleep all night and spent the morning slumped against the expedition gear at KTM airport waiting for the flight to Lukla. It hammered with rain here, and was even worse between the two so we abandoned ship and came back. Another new hotel, this one called wonderland. Spent all afternoon crashed out on the bed with a fever. 

Finjo gave me some rehydration powder and I bought some coproximol in the supermarket, but I'm not up to dinner. Gabriella is turning into a top bloke, he's gone out to find me English food as I've only eaten a biscuit in 24hrs, I'm lucky to be rooming with him.

This would have been really difficult to deal with a few days back when I was on my own. 

The American family seem to do their own thing, their son asks some odd questions like whether we can catch up the lost time by climbing 1000m of altitude in one day. Finjo put him straight. I missed the team briefing as I was in bed, but Gabe says if we can't get up to Lukla tomorrow we'll lose the Gokyo Ri climb, which is a shame but something will have to give. 

Finjo Sherpa is also a bit of a star, he tells me a French girl in shorts at the airport "needs some company", he charges around organising hotels, tea, biscuits and is always smiling and laughing. He also climbs over grade 5, and carries the heaviest pack I've ever seen. The stories about these guys are true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment