Search This Blog

Thursday 18 November 2010

6/7/8 11 Kathmandu - the waiting game.

The sixth is our last day, Ken and Gabe sort laundry and are in a bit of a tizz when it appears the bloke then shuts up and goes home for the weekend. It's another festival here and everything is on a go slow.

We eat out, and Kristin and I return to Paddys for a few drinks, where we meet Gabe's pilot for the next, also entertainingly drunk, accompanied by two friendly Thai girls.

We get lost walking back to Shakti, and I fall over for a change, and we promptl wake Dave and IngeElin up for no apparent reason.

The next day is a blur of goodbyes and moving hotels, Dave and I back to Wonderland, everyone else heads out home.

I feel a bit down, and for the ext two days wander Thamel, bored and aimless, trying to figure out what to do. it's festival, everywhere is closed. My plan to do a couple of days volunteering melts away as all the schools are shut too. It's a bit of a lowpoint really, so much excitement, and then suddenly everyone is gone and we're back in transition.

My rib is incredibly sore now, and no matter how I lay I have difficulty sleeping, and have to get up and go out at 7.30am so I don't keep waking Fletch up. I'm listless and lethargic, and should really go to Swyambruth, or do something, but I struggle to find the energy. I'm tired from trekking, worried about a few things at home and missing the group dynamic. But on the 9th Fletch and I are moving on to Pokhara, and the change of scenery should inject some life into the nxt part of the Nepal tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment