Search This Blog

Saturday 13 November 2010

3/11 Namche. Rest Day.

Up late at 8, check mail... Again.... Stuff I feel needs sorting out, and I miss the outside world!!

After brekkie we go shopping, we find a bakery and have fantastic coffee and cakes. We finally get news that Lon and IngeElin summited and we're all incredibly pleased for them. They had to summit and get down to Dengboche, then today they're repeating our yomp from yesterday. They'll be slaughtered when they get here, and will have to finish with another long day to Lukla.

I sit on a wall for a while watching the rescue helicopters which seem to fly in a steady stream, and u smile at the slow people wandering up.

Kristin, Ken and I go shopping after lunch again and get more cakes. I buy presses for B, and we all fall about when a stray cow goes in the massage shop, abd doesn't come out.

Sangay appears from Lukla at three abd then the summiteers arrive.

I'm not as congratulatory as I should be, I'm distracted, and I sit and read while Kristin thrashes everyone at blackjack, and Lon eats everything in sight.


I have Sherpa stew which is delicious, the others all have yak steak, thier first meat in 3 weeks.

I go through the good wishes on facebook, although I'm not as disappointed as people think I might be. I'm content, I face it everything, and think I would have done it but for the AMS.

For me, the journey has been incredible, I know now the limits I can push myself to, and what I can achieve.I know now I'm strong enough to overcome any hurdle, abd I know I've got some I'm going to deal with when I get back to the UK!!

"in mountains we find what we seek, be it peace or violence, beauty or terror"

No comments:

Post a Comment